Yesterday, I had a chat with my Vietnamese friend and asked him how he has been lately.
He is also a surgeon.
He said he is doing well. He has recently moved from a major hospital in Vietnam to a big hospital in his hometown.
I asked him why he returned to his hometown hospital. He said that his parents are not in good health. So he wanted to come back and take care of family matters.
When he learned that I hadn't found a job recently, he suggested that I started at a small hospital first, and that gradually switched to a larger hospital once I mastered skills...
He recently encountered something at the hospital in his hometown. Basically, when he was performing surgery on a patient, his nurse collected money from the patient the fees. Later, the patient family wanted reimbursement and asked for evidence from him, but he didn't know about it.
The family complained to the hospital and my friend was unaware of the nurse actions. It turned that the nurse violated the rules, and after the hospital investigation, the nurse was suspended...
As a resulted, the head of their department was implicated because someone had been wanted to get him, but the time wasn't right. Now they found a reason and the head of the department is under investigation...
My friend didn't do anything wrong and come out unscathed.
He is surely an outstanding person. Very diligent, he has a good attitude and can get along with anyone. Now he can hold his own at his own hospital and is a technical backbone. He is living a prosperous life.
I really envy him at this moment.
Comments
Post a Comment