Complaint against Police Officer

 Incident Overview:

Timeline:

Monitoring time (approximately 27 minutes behind actual time):

Around 14:20 on October 18, 2022, a man stole the bicycle;

Around 19:30 on October 18, 2022, I discovered my bike was missing. Immediately went to the monitoring room to check, and the security informed me that the staff responsible for monitoring had finished work and were not qualified to access the surveillance footage.

Today (October 19, 2022) at 11:30, I reviewed the surveillance and identified the thief. Someone in the monitoring room recognized him and provided his contact information. I called him, and he rode back. After he returned, I found that he was wearing a security uniform and seemed embarrassed. I explicitly told him, "I'm going to report this to the police," and he cycled straight to the police station.

12:00 Arrived at the police station.

At 12:08, a female officer made a brief registration and called various on-duty police officers to handle the case. Communication with this female staff was particularly difficult, as she spoke local dialect while I spoke Mandarin, leading to confusion in the sequence of events (time of parking the bike, time of bike theft, time of my discovery, and time of monitoring review).

At 12:12, went upstairs to make a statement. The assisting officer appeared noticeably impatient, likely due to the interruption of his lunch break.

When upstairs, he asked me questions in local dialect that I couldn't understand, and he became even more impatient!

While sitting down, I directly told him, "Your attitude is clearly unfriendly; I want to record your badge number, FJ..."

Upon hearing this, he became visibly flustered! The impatience disappeared instantly, and his attitude became much more accommodating!

He then explained the difference between reporting on-site and reporting directly to the police station, as well as the advantages of reporting to the station. I didn't quite understand, so I told him directly: "You can explain, but I can choose not to listen..." and I struck back!

Then, various records, printing, signatures followed, everything proceeded methodically. During the verification of documents, I noticed two typos, which I circled...

I recorded his badge number; I'll definitely make a complaint by phone!

Comments